Emanuel Makros Therapist of the Year Award Nominations
The Emanuel Makros Therapist of the Year Award is awarded by the MSRC Board of Directors to the Respiratory Care Practitioner of the Year. The Makros Award is given in memory of the late Emanuel Makros of Boston, who, although terminally ill, continued to work at his profession giving exemplary care to his patients and in general upholding the highest ideals of the profession of Respiratory Care. The Emanuel Makros Award has been given annually since 1975. Individuals nominated for this award are those who exemplify our profession and who:
- Are member of the Massachusetts Society for Respiratory Care (or AARC),
- Have at least two years experience in the field at any level beyond the student,
- Display exceptional skill, judgment and empathy in dealing with patients,
- Support the reputation and ideals of the field of Respiratory Care in a positive manner through example and interactions with the public,
- Who is an active member in the profession,
- Is involved in respiratory therapy activities within the community that allow for service to the community, e.g., active within the local Lung Association, American Cancer Society, American Heart Association, or other health-related organizations,
- Is involved in community activities that do not include the above health-related activities, e.g., Girl and Boy Scouts, Girl and Boys Club, YMCA/YWCA.
Because of the nature of the award, the recipient should have a blending of the above guidelines as part of his/her professional profile.
CLARENCE E. SMITH AWARD
The Clarence E. Smith Award is presented to the outstanding sales representative by the MSRC Board of Directors in recognition of service to the respiratory care profession. The respiratory care profession has long recognized the support of our vendors. Vendor representatives serve on the Program and Education Committee. They provide in-service education to departments when new equipment is introduced to the clinical setting or when there is a new application of existing equipment. Equipment manufacturers, through the assistance of local representatives, provide equipment for respiratory therapists to use in research projects. When the educational programs in Massachusetts were in their start-up phase, Clarence E. Smith supported the labs by donating equipment and supplies. In recognition of his significant support, the former Holliston Junior College honored him by establishing the Clarence E. Smith Respiratory Therapy Laboratory. Clarence E. Smith exemplified the role of vendors in the multifaceted support of respiratory care by the manufacturing community. The Clarence E. Smith Award has been given annually since 1975 to recognize the memory of this individual who epitomized the symbiotic relationship between clinicians and vendors.
MECHANISM FOR NOMINATION:
Candidates may be nominated by any Active Member of the AARC/MSRC.
Nominations must be accompanied by description supporting the nomination.
The MSRC Board of Directors will evaluate each candidate and select the award recipient based on his/her service to the respiratory therapy profession.
The award will be presented at the MSRC Annual Meeting.
The Massachusetts Society for Respiratory Care invites exhibitors to participate in our 42nd Annual Conference being held October 8 and 9, 2019. The location for this year's event is The DCU Center in Worcester, MA. Please find information about the conference below, as well as the registration link.
Please find the exhibitor information for the 2019 MSRC Annual Conference. This year we are excited to offer full-page and half-page advertisement options for our printed program. Space is limited, so please reserve your space early!
Please click on the link below to download the MSRC's W-9 form.
Registration now open
Registration is now open. Click on the link below to reserve your booth now!
Do you have any additional questions, if so please contact us via the form below.